All the hard work and organization of the coordinators will pay off during host week. Preparing for host week will become routine as the congregation gets used to the schedule and requirements of hosting guests.
The following schedule may be helpful in preparing for host week :
- Sponsor Sign-up Saturday/Sunday
- Put notices of host week in bulletin and newsletter
- Recruit volunteers, if necessary
- Plan training session, if necessary
- Network Director contacts the coordinator with number and composition of families expected, and other information needed by the coordinator( such as work schedules, medications, food allergies, etc.)
- Coordinating team review the information and make appropriate preparations.
- Coordinators call or send appropriate reminders of schedules and duties.
- All equipment, food staples & supplies are purchased and organized in the host facility.
- Sleeping areas and communal rooms are set up, cleaned, organized and possibly decorated in a welcoming fashion.
- Menu planning for the week is completed and meal preparers are confirmed.
- Coordinator checks congregation facilities; posts Guest Guidelines; & posts Emergency Procedures.
- Beds are transported to the congregation and set-up crew makes the beds.
- Coordinator welcomes guests at an orientation meeting.